The other day, I was craving something bad for me, something a little salty, and maybe even fried. After looking around the kitchen, I decided to make use of a few sweet potatoes I had lying around and bake some sweet potato fries.
I seasoned these fries with a little garlic powder, but you could also try fresh rosemary, or paprika instead. Or try all three for a fancy sweet potato trio! Serve with you favorite veggie burger, or maybe even this black bean burger.
Overall, this is a very simple and easy recipe to make, and it is a great way to get the kids eating sweet potatoes. I mean, who doesn’t love fries? Plus the sweet and salty combination tastes sinful, but really isn’t. If you start now, you can have some of these crispy delicious fries in about 30 minutes so get to it!
- 2-3 large Sweet Potatoes
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 1-2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Using a peeler, peel the sweet potatoes.
- Cut the sweet potatoes lengthwise into strips, about ¼ inch thick.
- Place strips in a bowl, and coat with oil. They should be lightly coated.
- Sprinkle with seasonings and toss.
- Place fries on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until crispy and delicious.
- Season with more salt and garlic if you desire.