I created this recipe for
vegan pumpkin spice snickerdoodles
around Thanksgiving when a friend and I were doing some baking for charity.
Since then I have made this recipe for a few events, and each time these cookies have been very popular.
What makes this recipe special? The pumpkin!
Creamy pumpkin allows the cookie to stay soft and moist even days after baking. Plus, pumpkin spice is a classic holiday flavor, and a welcome addition to this classic recipe.
So go for it! Give these vegan pumpkin snickerdoodles a try, and let me know what you think!
- ¼ cup soft Vegan Butter (I use Earth Balance sticks)
- ¾ cup Cane Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ¾ cup pureed pumpkin
- 2 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 2 cups Flour (I used Bob's Red Mill to make this Gluten Free)
- 1 tsp Cream of Tartar (if you can't find this eliminate it, cookies will still taste great!)
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 Flax egg (or other egg replacement)
- 2 tbsp water
- For rolling the cookies:
- 2 tbsp Cinnamon
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Blend the sugar and butter together with a fork.
- Once blended well, add vanilla into this mix.
- In another bowl, prepare dry ingredients.
- Blend together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt and pumpkin spice.
- Mix the sugar and butter into the dry ingredients until a dough forms.
- Add in pumpkin, flax egg, and water if necessary.
- Mix together cinnamon and sugar on a plate.
- With a spoon, scoop out a cookie size piece of dough and roll it in the cinnamon sugar, and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies for 15-20 minutes.