Over the weekend, I went to a vegetarian potluck, and brought this 4 bean salad. I had no idea what to make, and was at the store looking at some green beans, and the vision of this bean salad came into my head. I really like this salad, and it is simple enough to make the night before to throw in your bag for work the next day, and it was a perfect fresh potluck dish.
The green beans I bought were deliciously fresh and sweet! I cooked the green beans for only a few minutes, to allow them to remain crisp, and to become the perfect compliment to soft and hearty legumes. Besides green beans, I used chickpeas, cannelloni beans, and kidney beans. The combination of ingredients turned out great, and is an easy, fresh way to fulfill all of your vegan protein needs.
The recipe is very simple and can be prepared in about 15 minutes, so try it out and let me know what you think!
- 1 pound Green Beans
- 1 can Cannelloni Beans
- 1 can Chickpeas
- 1 can Pinto Beans
- 3-4 tbsp chopped Parsley
- ½ red Onion
- For the dressing:
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- ⅓ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Cane Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- Cut the green beans into bite sized pieces and cook them in boiling water for 4-5 minutes until the green beans are slightly tender but still crisp.
- Drain and rinse the green beans in cold water.
- Drain and rinse the 3 cans of beans, and place all the beans in a bowl.
- Chop onion and parsley and mix in with the beans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, and chill in the fridge until cold.