So it just occurred to me that I will be leaving for India in a short 3 months! I am actually a few days late realizing this, so it’s really about 2 months and 26 days, but who’s counting?
Oh, and in case I forgot to mention, I have been working and planning and saving and blogging for a trip to India and SE Asia early 2015. I am set to arrive in India for a month long yoga instructor course in Kerala, January 11, 2015.
What does this mean?
Well, I have a lot to do to prepare. And, a lot that I want to do pre-departure.
- I have renewed my passport
- Gotten vaccinated for hep A and B, and typhoid fever
- Signed up for a month long yoga course
- And I have read, talked about, and researched for this trip non-stop.
What is left to do:
- Purchase travel gear – Any tips on backpacks suitable for SE Asia? Any tips on other necessary gear?
- Pack, or attempt to pack, but I usually leave that up to the last week or so.
- Get a new contacts prescription.
- Get my Indian student visa. Apparently, I need a student visa for my yoga course, also known as a “yoga visa.” I better get on this like now.
- Work on my blog! Before I leave, I want to reorganize my site, and write some awesome content that I have backlogged on my computer. I want to fill in the rest of my travels through Europe and North America, as well as get some recipes ready to go. I think it is a good idea to have some saved, ready to post articles, recipes, and tips, as I am not sure how reliable wifi will be over my trip. I don’t want all of my lovely readers to miss out because of it!
So, what exactly is my plan for India? Well, from mid January- mid February I am attending a yoga course. From mid-late February I am going on an organized service tour of Calcutta and Delhi. And after this, from the end of February onward I am just traveling, and I will see how far I get!
I want to ideally travel more through India, and then visit Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Thailand, and Cambodia. But, I am open to changing my course at any given time, and am hoping to meet some travel companions, and follow the tips of other travelers. Who knows, I may hate India and want to get the hell out of there. I may want to hop over the Middle East (ok I REALLY want to get over to the Middle East, but of course I have my reservations). I may find a job teaching yoga in Australia. I really don’t know, and am leaving everything open to possibility. Worst case scenario, I return to DC when I am out of cash, which is also not a bad plan.
So now, I need your help!! Have you traveled through this region? Are you currently traveling there? Will you be in 2015? What is your best advice for me? What is a place or event in the region that I cannot miss? What was your most difficult experience traveling in SE Asia?
Help me out loves!
*Photo above found and edited from flickr.