Typically I avoid making desserts, because I will just eat it all, but just as I was craving something sweet the other day, I discovered this raw, vegan banana ice cream. Since it’s so healthy, I did eat all of it, and I felt good about it after. It’s also a great way to trick kids, or big kids with a sweet tooth (such as my boyfriend), into eating bananas for dessert.
And it gets better, this banana ice cream is too easy to make. It literally calls for three ingredients, but can be made with two, and you may even have these ingredients on hand.
So the suspense must be killing you. What are these three magic ingredients? Are you ready? All you need are some frozen bananas, a nut milk (I prefer hazelnut), and vanilla bean extract.I swear, that’s it! Simple right? And if you are feeling like having a little chocolate sauce, just melt coconut oil and mix with cocoa powder. This also doubles as the natural version of that frozen chocolate shell stuff because the sauce freezes when it hits something cold, such as your raw banana ice cream.
I topped mine with some raspberries and pecans as well, but strawberries, blueberries, granola, peanut butter, jam, pretty much anything you could top your regular ice cream with would do. Or how about a banana ice cream, banana split, sounds good to me! What are you favorite ice cream toppings?
So what are you waiting for go for it!
- For the Ice Cream
- 4 large frozen Bananas
- ¼ - ½ cup Hazelnut Milk (or any nut milk, such as almond)
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract (optional)
- For the Chocolate Sauce
- 1 tbsp melted Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Cocoa Powder
- Two hours or more before hand, freeze four bananas. I usually remove the peels, cut the bananas into large chunks, and place in a freezer bag. The bananas can be frozen for a few weeks as well.
- Once the bananas are frozen, place them in a food processor. Add in ¼ cup hazelnut milk, and vanilla extract.
- Blend for 3-5 minutes, incorporating more milk as necessary to reach the desired consistency.
- If making the chocolate sauce, melt coconut oil, and mix in cocoa powder until smooth.
- Serve right away, or freeze for later.